Chapter lead data engineer Amsterdam
Vacancy: Lead Data Engineering in Amsterdam
If you are a highly motivated, results-driven Chapter Lead Data Engineering looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact, we encourage you to apply!
About the organisation
Our client, is a Dutch business information and insights leader. It is there mission to gather, structure, and deliver top-quality business data to clients, empowering their growth. They are all about fostering innovation.
Join the flat and friendly organization, where 90 data driven professionals together take responsibility to innovate and conquer new frontiers for the clients. It’s fun, it is fast, it is energetic and sometimes it is intense – just what you are looking for!
As a chapter lead, you…
- Mentor and manage the team of data engineers and provide technical guidance, support, and mentorship;
- Enable and encourage knowledge sharing within the chapter;
- Will be responsible for implementing and enforcing best practices in the chapter;
- Are the ambassador of the chapter towards the rest of the organization;
- Will evaluate new technologies and tools and make recommendations on how they can be used in the teams.
You will also be practicing your data engineering skills in a domain based team. Some of the tasks that you will be involved with include:
- Design data modelling architecture;
- Build production grade data pipelines on different processing paradigms (streaming, batch and graph);
- Ingest data from a wide variety of sources with different sizes and formats;
- Use automated deployment tools and templates to deploy the solutions;
- Work with Spark Structured Streaming, Delta Live Tables and Change Data Capture to refresh data products that require low latency.
Our stack is mainly composed of the following tools: Python, Databricks, PySpark, AWS S3, EventBridge and Lambdas. As a chapter lead you will report directly to our CTO.
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant working experience in the IT or data sector;
- Extensive experience in production grade data ingestion, processing, and modelling;
- Experience with cloud environments (preferably AWS);
- Preferably you have a Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Software engineering, AI or a related field;
- Preferably you have experience managing or coaching people and teams.
Key technical skills and requirements
- Extensive experience with software development (Python);
- Experience with shipping production grade software;
- Experience with some of the tools we like to work with (in order of importance);
- Spark (preferably Databricks);
- AWS Services (Lambda, Eventbridge);
- Data-stores (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, …);
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation, …);
- Monitoring and alerting (ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, …)
- Strong leadership, communication skills (written and spoken in English), and collaboration skills;
- Coach and encourage members of the chapter to achieve real personal development;
- Strong problem solving skills and capacity to learn and transfer new content quickly;
- Drive to develop innovative solutions and focus on continuous improvement.
What's in it for you?
We offer you a dynamic, international oriented environment with innovative, challenging and diverse projects, using cutting-edge technology and directly benefiting our clients and our business managers at the same time.
We will make sure you have all the software and hardware (laptop, phone) required to perform at your highest level. Next to that we offer:
- part-time and full-time possibilities, flexible hours;
- depending on your experience and skills a salary between €90.000 and €100.000 per year;
- flexibility to work a part of your time from your home-office;
- Because we work with the latest technologies, we offer the opportunity to keep on developing yourself by taking courses, attending (and presenting at) conferences, etc.;
- Very modern working environment, the office is new and specially furnished to the wishes of Company.info. The office is centrally located in Amsterdam and easily accessible by public transport.
Ready for your next career move?
If the Lead Data Engineer vacancy in Amsterdam excites you, don't hesitate. Take action today by reaching out to Theo, your dedicated point of contact for this opportunity:
- Send a message to email@example.com and let us know that you're ready for this new challenge.
- Call Theo directly at +31 33-2022288 or +31 652591751 for a personal conversation and further information.
- Ready to take the next step immediately? Fill out the registration form on the right and inform us that you're ready.
"*" geeft vereiste velden aan